Why Start a Fundraiser?
- Help our clients obtain access to healthcare, unemployment benefits, secure housing, and safety from domestic violence
- Celebrate your birthday or another milestone
- Honor a loved one
Setting Up Your Fundraiser
- Go to facebook.com/fund/NLSLA
- Click “Create Fundraiser”
- Define your fundraiser
- Set a goal. Most fundraising goals are between $200 and $1,000.
- Choose an end date. It could run for your birthday month or the week of an important milestone.
- Decide on a title and a description of why you are raising money. Share why access to justice matters to you or how your fundraiser supports NLSLA’s mission of providing free legal services to low-income Angelenos.
- You have the option of choosing your own cover image or you can use the photo Facebook suggests.
- Finally, click “Create” to make your fundraiser live for your friends to see!
Share Your Fundraiser
- Share your fundraiser on your timeline.
- Post updates about how the fundraiser is going.
- Respond to any shares, comments, and donations to thank them for their support.